Monday, June 11, 2007

Nearing the end



Well folks its gettin close to my last day of work...in five days I will be done at Southview Kiddie Kampus forever. Now you may think I am happy cause thats how I have been sounding the last few days and weeks...but its hitting me now...I am goin to be done there forever those kids who have become my own will move on and forget all about me...forget I even existed...now thats depressing to me...I treat those kids like they are all mine...I am very over protective of them...I dont know what to do....because on friday I will be saying goodbye to many children I have grown to love and some I have watch grow from a baby to a school aged child.



I am pretty pumped about the new chapter I am startin in my life...I get to go to Eagles Nest Ranch again this summer and then do an internship at The Dreamcentre....but....how do you say goodbye...to a place you have poured four years into...how do you leave a place you know you are loved so much...how do you leave a place that has taught you many valuable lessons...well after friday I will tell you how...because I will know...I will have left a place that is dear to my heart....a place I will never forget.

Lets look at the past four years...snotty noses...stinky diapers...bruised knees...bleeding children...crying children...all the smiles...all the hugs and kisses...and every kind word it was so worth it...and I am goin to miss everything about it.

Here are a few qoutes from children that I have head there...

"Did you know God even loves me too?"- a child that was never really told that

"Cole when I grow up I want to be a great teacher just like you"-a child who believed in me...made my heart melt

I have learned so much from these children...they are the ones in my life who have believed in me the most...they trusted me...they are who we should be like...they didnt doubt me...they tested my patience...but they truly know how to love...and they loved who I was...and not what I looked like...and I pray that when I leave the seed I have sown in them...never leaves them...the time I gave them and the love I gave them...they never forget it...well 5 more days...I can do this.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OH baby girl, I hear your heart and I feel for you too. In leaving practicum centres and daycares I worked at for an extended period of time, I can totally relate to what you’re feeling and experiencing. Its so hard leaving those kids you have poured so much into, and loved so much. Will they remember me? Will they miss me? Along with a number of other questions fill your mind. Nikki, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if they know your name a year from now, you have imparted into their life, you have left a little piece of you with them that will never leave. And your memories will last a lifetime. Remember the good times, and the bad. Remember the funny times and the not so funny times. Take all you have learned with you and use it. Girl your awesome. Be blessed and cherish every moment.