Thursday, December 22, 2005

How old is the earth really?

So I was reading a story to some children at work today and it was about dinosaurs. In this book it talked about how millions and millions of years ago these dinosaurs roamed the earth. Then I remembered this conversation that my friends and I had the other night on how the earth can't be that old. Cause you see Jesus died 2000 years ago. And the earth wasn't that before Jesus. So how in our children's books and in text books in schools can we tell them that dinosaurs were here millions and millions of years ago. Do you know what the earth would look like? It would be way more deteriated then it is. I wonder if there is a way to really find out how old the earth really is. And if its not that old why...why is it in the books that children read? Why are we lying to them? No wonder they have troubles believing when they get older we have no reason for them to trust us. Well it is just something on my mind. Nikki Out!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Nikki, being scientifically based i have done my fair share of pondering on this subject and i am going to put my question out there! How do you know that at the start of creation Gods days were on a 24hour time scale? Could you think that before the fall time was longer where a day was 100years or perhaps even longer instead of 24hours? Its like the big bang theory, what if God did create the earth by just making a coupple of rocks and banging them together? God did not go into specifics on how EXACTLY that He created earth or how it came to be, He just said that it came to be! The question that always boggles my mind is why do people care so much about it? Anyway, those are my thoughts, Be blessed!

JP said...

There actually is a guy, a christian man that has studied this kind of stuff and actually has it down quite accurate. It's fascinating to hear what he has to say. I just can't remember his name.