Saturday, July 08, 2006

Week Two

Well the kids came this week...this is the first week with them....and let me tell you it was hard. I had fun and dont get me wrong I fell in love with each one of them. The first day was ok gettin to know them and stuff but by the end I was starting to get really tired but I also ended up being sick. So camp is so fun and I had great conversations with my girls and some of them tested my patience but in the end it was worth it. I had breakthrough with a couple of them and I saw a real smile from them...there was one girl in particular that made my week. She loved camp and didnt want to go home cause home isnt that great...then just before the buses were leaving something amazing happened that made this worth it. Let me tell you a bit first about her...she had this depressed look all week and was pretty much quiet about her life but she did open up to dawn and I and that was neat to see but on the bus at the end when we were saying goodbye...she had a real smile...the first and only smile I had seen all week a real one. It broke my heart and I just bawled....I couldnt keep myself together she saw real love...that is what makes me want to keep pressing on...that is what makes me want to keep fighting and showing these kids Jesus...cause God is so amazing. I am home for the weekend to get some rest and do some laundry but I go back on sunday to impact more childrens lives and I am so excited. So everyone see you in a week again.

3 comments:

JP said...

ahhh.. what an amazing time that was...

Sarah said...

Hey Girl, Awesome to hear your updates
keep on pressing in Girl you know what the Harvest will bring keep planting those seeds

Jelea said...

yay for the ranch, be ready for more good moments like that one!