Saturday, July 01, 2006

Week One(Staff Training)

Well if I were to say one thing about this week it would be wow...and like for real it was intense. Ok so this first week at the ranch was a staff training week where we learn and get ready for the summer....and ohhh boy was it ever intense. The services and worship were great. God has done so much this week...this is the most I have grown in a long time...I am definitly one a new level a higher one. I am a counsellor and the team I am on is amazing all the counsellors are amazing and we are already like family and I love it....there is so much unity within us its amazing...being out at the ranch feels so great you getting fed everyday and its like nothing else exist the rest of the world doesnt even matter when you are out there....and I didnt even go through internet withdrawls amazing eh...well my first week was amazing, intense and stretching. I am home for the weekend and I am happy cause now I get to see Jelea but I am sad at the same time it doesnt feel the same here. Its drier spirtually here but like I told Josh on the way home we can make it here like it is at the ranch. God is taking a lot out of my life and putting amazing things in...He has brought me amazing people out there that care about how I am and He has brought leaders to me that will help me at all times as well...for real its goin to be hard to come home at the end of summer. I love it out there...and now those of you who know that I was struggling with not wanting to go out there and probably saying I told you so...well I am glad I listened to God and I am glad He is in charge of my life and I am not cause look how badly I can screw it up. Anyways I am walking and talking different now God has taken me places I didnt even know I could go...if you all want more information on my week you can ask me in person and I will be glad to tell you its too much to type on here cause the week was amazing...well see you all next weekend.

4 comments:

JP said...

Amen, amen, amen!!

A new level for sure, and there's more - this is just the beginning

Adventures of a Girl said...

Wow, this is so awesome to hear!! I am excited for you, I think this summer is going to be incredible

I miss you!

Sarah said...

Hey Girl,
thanks for the comment on mine, its great to hear such good news from you.
One thing I would like to share with you is what I have gone through being back home from Bible College, I feel dry here too, it sucks I've reached this level and seemingly no one else is here they are like on lower levels and fine with it.
Its during this time that we need to dig our own wells in the desert place. like you where telling Josh we can make it like at the ranch, its true you can get to that place of close worship with God, and grow like you are at camp. But you have to put more effort into it. During the song part of the service I saw my church body like in the temple worshiping God, we were in one of the outer courts, and I was being drawn into the Holy of Holies, I saw myself leaving the group and going forward alone, not wanting to leave them behind but being drawn into the very pressence of God.
Now I say all that to say that its hard going forward towards God with lots of Passion when your standing in a dry place. Dig your well keep pressing yourself into GOd even when you feel its like swimming upstream.

Nikki take this summer to be fed and to fed the campers, Grow lots, go to even more new levels, learn to push in.

love ya Girl
remembe what you said this year is

Jelea said...

i'm sad because the ranch is stealing my friends...but i know it's really good for you guys out there too. but i'm still sad.