Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A run...Gods creation...and inspiration

I went for a run tonight...yes I went for a run get over it sheesh...anyways I was running away...and for the first time ever I wasnt run from something...I was enjoying the night air and the breeze on my face...I grew up in this city so the roads and the streets are all familier and I grew up in this part of the city so it was great...but then I turned a corner...I was still running but realized that I have never been down this street before no never...this is weird I realized I was walking now and no longer running...I looked around and almost started panicking no I am not lost I know this city of the back of my hand...but could I be lost...you know when you go to a big mall and you took so many turns and you are so confused as to where you are...you decide to consult the big sign with the map of the mall on it that says "you are here" yeah I know I am here but where the heck is here...and you start freaking out cause all you want to do is get back to that store where you found those cute little shoes...well this is what I felt like I started thinkin in my head so I took this turn and that turn...so I started jogging again and all of a sudden whats that ohh that looks familier...and I start running and end up on a street I know...it was the weirdest thing I have never been down that street before.

So I went to swing on this swing behind my house and I got thinking...that is almost like our walks with God...we are happy to be where we are untill He puts us somewhere unfamlier...somwhere you have never been before and you reconize no one....then you all of a sudden stop running and start walking...and some go further and just plain old stop...but after that is over He will always bring us back to the familier so we never have to worry...its crazy what a night time run can do to you...being in nature in Gods creation gives me so much inspiration.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i love that blog. Its the story of my life...all our lives. It's the caution factor...like, when we're where we're comfortable, we'll run through it, sometimes forgetting whats all around us..because its so familiar...but as soon as God puts us in a place where everything's new...we panic, slow down...get cautious...but sometimes, we find its even more beautiful than the familiar place...for its here where God forces us to slow down, look around, and really admire the new...the fresh...the beautiful that we so often find ourselves running past...