Saturday, May 05, 2007

What have I become?

So today...yes today I had a thought...a revelation...a relisation...an epipahny...a truth finding moment...whatever you would call a moment...a moment where your standing outside yourself looking in...and saying is that really me...is this really my life...am I there...no but for real...when did I become this person.

Now you are probably wondering what person I am talking about well lets paint the picture for you...so when I had this thought I was standing in my church...worshipping my God...around my Christian friends...being there for the younger generation...praying they would find God...through things we did....and by speaking Gods word.

Doesnt sound out of the ordinary to any of you now does it...well thats becuase most of my readers have only known me for a short time...and all of you have known me as this...Nicole who is a Christian who is going to change the world...and spread Gods word...yes thats me...now.

Lets travel back hmmm about lets go....8 years...would have put me in about grade ten...now I was the kid in school who was the skeptic...that may actually be a good thing...I wasnt a very nice kid...some would say I was a jerk...the one who would pick on you for no good reason...just because I didnt like you...I did not like what I called BIBLE THUMPERS....yes those were the kids who wore God on their sleeves...those were the kids who made it known that they were sold on Jesus Christ...those were the kids who said "I may not be cool in your eyes but I am in Gods eyes" ha ha LAME...anyways I was always very skeptical of those kids...and wondered what their garbage was cause every one has dirty laundry...they always tried to get you to go to church...and listen to their music...and they actually wanted you to hang out with them...ha ha me...not a chance...I wouldnt be caught dead hangin with them...I was the one kid that played it cool...only did what the others were doing cause it was cool...didnt want to leave the pack....well thats who I was...I didnt like the bible thumpin...scripture qoutin...cross carrin...satan bashin...JESUS FREAKS.

So I was standing there...in my church...worshipping my God...around my Christian friends...being there for the younger generation...praying they would find God...through things we did....and by speaking Gods word....what the hell....when did I become a bible thumpin...scripture qoutin...cross carrin...satan bashin...JESUS FREAK?

I have become everything I had boycotted in my past...I have become the very thing I didnt like...and living this life as if I know nothing else...like its normal...like I have been doing it all my life...I am a Jesus Freak...now I am not saying this is a bad thing...this is just a relization...something I noticed standing outside myself watching me around the younger generation worshipping my God...

I am a Christian...and damn proud of it ;)


Ohhh I swore a couple of times in this one...get over it...religion is dead...I'm over it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, this made me laugh out loud. I had pretty much the exact same experience in about October. Except my thought were more along the lines of:

"How the eff did I end up at Bible College?!?"

Definately an awesome blog! Hope to see you soon! I should be back in the Promise Land this evening!

Anonymous said...

I like. Both of you. It's just the beginning.