Monday, February 27, 2006

Interesting Times

My last couple of weeks have been pretty interesting. I told a friend that last week was the most powerful crappy week ever. Ha ha ha yeah I know that may not make sense to some of you but it does to me. I had an extremly busy and tireing week but then the weekend came. And I got to see Dawn and hang out with her all weekend. God did soooo much this weekend it was amazing. I had a breakthrough and I learned a lot of things. I got closer to an amazing friend coughdawncough lol. I know that God has this amazing plan for my life...the thing I dont like is that I dont know how its all going to play out. I wish just sometimes God would let us in on His plan. I know some of the plan but I dont know how to get there. I know that we are just supposed to put our trust in God but where I am at right now its harder to do then say. I am at a spot in my life where I cant see the hope, I cant see anything I dont know how to get out of this. I am stuck and I need help. I wrote a poem I am going to share:

Too heavy to walk I have fallen
My legs are not strong enough to hold me
They shake and quiver as I try to stand
So I drag myself across the ground
I want to keep going because quitting is not an option
My vision is starting to get blurry
I cant see the finish line anymore
I cant see anyone around me anymore
I am weak and tired
I need someone to help me
My soul cries out
My soul screams out
My body aches
There is so much weight on my shoulders
It feels like someone is holding me down
Where are you?
You said you would never leave
How come I cant feel you?
Cant move anymore
Come and rescue me

Nicole Andrews 22

There is sooo much that I need to get through right now and I believe that this weekend was a stepping stone to my future. Quitting is not an option.

3 comments:

JP said...

Effin rights! And as Tyson would say, 'sweet as'! Nikki that's so awesome, this past weekened definately did have something on it. I can feel it too. Keep the faith.

JP said...

I also want to say that it's awesome watching you grow and step into your dreams, when you're weak and when you're strong. Sounds like you're going through some stuff that I am too and I want you to be encouraged and hold on to faith as what we know is complete 'truth' because God IS there, even when we can't feel Him. I'm totally stoked to see where He'll take you and again Nikki, I'm honored to be your friend. Thanks! Having TRUE brothers and sisters in Christ is worth an amount that no money can pay. You're one of those sisters.

Dawn said...

AMEN! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WOMAN! Yes, it was a crasy powerful weekend.... where there is light (truth) there can be no darkness (sin)! I am so excited that we were able to share with each other and now are able to hold each other accountable! *shut up...i am sweating from my eyeballs* ROFL *CLAPPS EXCITEDLY* Keep truckin girl... Gods got big stuff for you... lean on His strength! Be blessed, muchlov, your sister in Christ!