Monday, February 13, 2006

Thoughts

God is amazing He doesn’t say you have to worship me, He doesn’t make you listen. He sits there and waits for you to come to Him how amazing is that. Some people perceive God as this person who makes us worship Him…that’s not how He is at all. Some people think that He is all rules and no fun…but that’s not how He is at all. Yes He has rules for you but they are put into place for your own good (I know that sounds weird from me cause I hate rules). Well you see it’s almost 3am and I am up cause I can’t sleep and I was thinking about God. I was thinking about how amazing He is and how much we mean to Him. If God had a wallet every single one of our pictures would be in it now that’s a big stinkin wallet. Sometimes I think of the people in my life who don’t know God and I think of how sad it is. But then I wonder well how are they ever gonna see God if I am not showing them who He is? So the question is when you are around the people in your life that don’t know our amazing and wonderful Father are you showing Him to them? I am not talking about telling them about Him, I am talking about are caring for them? Are you loving them? Are you just sitting there listening to them when they need a friend? Are you helping people and giving the glory to God? Or are you taking all the credit? We may be the only Jesus that some people see. So we need to act like Him and do what He would do. I have some friends who did know God and lived for Him. But now they are doing their own thing. And this is what I see. God has this huge house and we all have a room in it. He goes around every night to see if we are all in our rooms and tucks us in. But when He gets to a room that has no one in it He leaves the door open and He leaves the porch light on so they can find their way home. And to me that’s so amazing He never closes the door. He is always waiting there with arms open wide. You hold the key to God's house just use it. I once wrote a poem about His arms open wide maybe someday I will share it with you all. But for now I am leaving you with those thoughts. I should maybe go get some sleep. Goodnight and go be a miracle!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

yeah, God is pretty cool... sometimes i admit that i wish God just forced us to do things... i know that more people would come to know Him if that were the case but God wants it to be out of our own free will... He is a gentleman in that sence and i have to admit, its really REALLY nice! mmmm... i love my Jesus! Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

I don't remeber were I read it, but I read something once about why Jesus lets us wonder off and not make us praise and serve him always.

It said something to the effect of God creating us in his image, and giving us free will. And with out free will we would just be tools, we wouldn't love him, not really anyway. Much better to have 100 people who love you, then a million tools.

Here's to showing his love though, we need to get the word out, even if we never speak it.

Koitiz said...

...

JP said...

that analogy about the porch light is awesome Nikki. It put it into a gentle perspective.