Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I want to be like an ant



I want to be as strong and as big as an ant. Ok now before you say here goes Nicole again or get weirded out think about this...an ant can carry 20 times its body weight now imagine if we could do that much work. Also ants are very fast the legs of the ant are very strong so they can run very quickly. If a man could run as fast for his size as an ant can, he could run as fast as a racehorse. Wow that would be cool...so you are probably wondering why I got on this topic. Well I was watching an ant pull a feather today and I was thinking how amazing it is for that little ant to carry such a big item. Did you know ants are a very neat and tidy creature too. They work really hard thats all they live for its crazy. Now think about this if humans could get as much work done as an ant you know how many things would be finished in this world. If we were as dedicated to our work as an ant we would all love our jobs and be good at them. I was a little stressed out about work today but watching this ant made the stress disapear. And now lets look at the size of an ant...its very small and not many people notice the work that they do...there is something there that I want...yeah I want to do all that work but not get credit cause God deserves all the credit...but just think being that small and getting all that work done...people would know its God then. I think there is some truth in an ants life we need to be more like the ants. Now dont get me wrong they are annoying and pesky at times. But think about their size and strength. To me thats powerful. God made ants for a reason they have a purpose and maybe to teach us something. I dont know you may think this is lame but I got revelation out of an ants life today. I want to be like an ant small but powerful.

5 comments:

JP said...

Nicole, dont ever think the revelation you get, no matter what form you get it in, is lame... not so. God MADE those ants, and I believe God has put pieces and mystery all over the world, and he made those ants the way they are for a reason too. So that's a great revelation, not a lame one at all!

Jelea said...

you have a good point, i have thought that about ants before too...i mean, how strong they are...i want to be mighty like an ant...and how about organized like one too?

JP said...

I used to step on them. I would if they were trying to attack me. the black ones are nice ants, the red ones... not so nice ants. the big, fat ones with wings that are red I do not like.. at all. Those ones, i would step on. I'll show them strength alright... strength when my foot in plastered through their head. SQUISHY!

JP said...

I think Nikki has ants in her pants.

Dawn said...

You know whats cool about ants? They work IN SPITE of the odds against them, in spite of their vulnerability, in spite of the fact that they are smal and in spite of the fact that they are in constant danger! Its craziness! It doesn't phase how hard they work! Ants are sweet! I am SO glad that God can use ANYTHING and everything to speak to us! Be blessed!