Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer is here

Well summer is now around the corner like it came fast...and I am off to the ranch for the summer this week. It's kinda scary and exciting all at the same time. I dont want to go and I do want to go its so confusing. But I know thats where I need to be for the summer so I am off. I am having one of those days where you just want to be alone but you know its not a good idea if you are left alone...you know those days everyone has them. No matter how much I am having I cant seem to get my mind off of certian things. Everyone seems to think I am overreacting or worring about stupid things but for real things are a bigger deal to me then they are to others. No matter how much someone tells you not to worry you still do. I am sure some of my friends are getting sick of me complaining or what they call it overreacting but for real I am sick of life sometimes...I just want to sit in my room and do nothing. I am laying it all out here because I am starting to think that sharing my life with the faceless world I see on here is better. Its better and makes me feel happier. I feel like I am alone at times and I know I am not because I always have God who is my daddy...I love that speaking of daddy's. Tomorrow is Father's Day...and I say who cares. Not an important day for me nope I dont celebrate it...no one to celebrate it with...my father left my mom before I was even born. And I dont see it as a big deal untill this day...my friends are all busy with their dads tomorrow and some of my other friends have their own plans for tomorrow and what am I goin to do...sit here by myself and pretty much toture myself with my thoughts. Yeah lame I know but whatever. Well I think I am done ranting for now...there may be more before I leave if not I will leave updates on the summer on here...let this summer be a change and come back new and stronger and refreshed.

3 comments:

D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D. said...

Hey Nikki, it's okay to worry, as long as you don't let it control you. Eagles Nest is going to be a great experience, and I know you're going to have an awesome impact on the kids that go there. Just remember that if God led you to be there this summer, he's going to be right by your side every step of the way.

As for father's day, you DO have a father. And he's the best one that a person could ever have. So why not dedicate the day to him? Even if you don't know your earthly father, you have a heavenly one that wants to wrap you up in his arms and never let you go. And if there's a better reason than that to celebrate Father's Day, I can't think of it.

God Bless you, and have a safe trip out to camp!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole!
Let me just say I love reading your blogs! I'm going to miss them when you leave for the Ranch... :(I totally felt the same way especially about Father's Day. Today really sucked, but Sheldon's dad is like my dad. They made today a really good day. To tell you the truth while i was sitting in Church today i was like why would they make this day? I did try to call my dad but he's in Toronto, tried everyone's cell phones, no luck. I'm sick of leaving a flippn' message on the answering machine. They never call me back. What's the use? I say i should just give up. Honestly, but is that really the right attitude to have? I really dont know anymore... writing this made me realise that i should get my own blog. But i just wanted to say that we both have such an Awesome FATHER! He's always there when we need him. When we're having those days, he's always around, he listens to us, and comforts us. We couldn't ask for anything else!
I'm going to miss you