Sunday, February 04, 2007

Escape

I escaped...got out of reality today...but for once in a healthy way. Well I got my book I wanted The Freedom Writers Diary...I am so excited to read this book. And I also had some starbucks and went for lunch with Cody, Amanda, and Cody's dad...yep good day but that was not the escape. All of a sudden we decided to go to Lethbridge so here we are in Amanda's car on our way to Lethbridge...a city I grew to not like...it wasnt Medicine Hat. I used to live there for a bit but didnt like it...didnt like the type of people didnt like the place you know why...cause it wasnt my home...it wasnt Medicine Hat. I love my city but sometimes need a break. I got out today for a few hours and spent most of my time in my favorite place in the world....Chapters...I love that store its so amazing and I find new and interesting things everytime I go. So I finally did somethin right today for the first time...I got out of reality forgot I had a job, a house, a life...but in a healthy way it didnt involve drinkin till there was no reality...it involved laughter, getting lost...but most importantly memories. There were times when we were in the car lookin for somethin and laughing so hard and having fun that I forgot about everything that is goin wrong in my life...and everything I am feeling in this exact moment. I had fun I was me...and they loved me for me...my friends. I dont actually think Cody and Amanda knew how much that meant to me today...and I dont think they will ever know how I felt exactly...but God knew I needed it...God knew I needed to have a break from my life...and all its responsibilties...and this my friends was the greatest day I have had in a long time.

1 comment:

JP said...

that's awesome! It makes my heart happy for you!