Friday, February 23, 2007

Snowboarding is not my friend

Ok so today was a great day...I got up...it is snowing great here I love snow so much...then I go to the ski hill with some friends...for my first time ever...beautiful out there and I have an awesome snowboarding outfit...so I go get a lift ticket then I go rent a snowboard and boots...and what I have to wear a helmut...ok so I put the helmut and it was a good thing cause what I am about to tell you next was not part of my good day...so we try goin up the hill on this Tbar thing ha ha yeah right I couldnt even get up the hill on it...so we took the chair lift ahhh much easier...just dont look down I am scared of heights and that was high up...ok so we get to the top of the hill ohh guess what Nikki does jumps of the chair and just about falls down a cliff yep didnt read the sign ha ha ok so I finally get to where we are about to go down the hill and get my other foot in the bindings ok I am ready...or not...I fall right away...ate some snow...meanwhile my friends are trying to show me how to do it...well I am just not getting it then when I do I am going so fast I get scared and make myself fall...so lets see it took me two hours to get down the hill on my first bloody run...did I go down again you ask...yes I did...I prayed that God would make my board go slower yeah that didnt work out so well ha ha...so this time I got really frustrated and started crying on the hill actual tears were coming out but I was like nope I gotta do this...I dont like to fail...failure is not an option...about 3/4 of the way down I undid the bindings and walked the rest...my day consisted of me falling and bouncing my head off the ground...good thing for that helmut they made me wear...my knees hurt...my legs hurt...my shoulders hurt...wait I hurt all over...I am not sure snowboarding likes me...all these little kids around me goin down the hill like its a piece of cake...mmm cake I should have some...anyways just so you all know snowboarding is not a sport I am goin to take up in the near future...or ever again...I dunno it just wasnt fun I spent most of my time on my butt...in the snow...while others passed and laughed at me...all you snowboarders out there great job...I just dont know how you do it.

5 comments:

rachelle/shelby said...

DONT GIVE UP!!!...cause i can teach you the right way...first off you should have never gone up the chair..and secondly...your friends are poopy teachers..i know this because you ended up not getting it...so before you give it up totally let me take you for an hour...after thats what i do for a living..trust me i will help you get on your feet...little steps at a time..

Jelea said...

that's stinkin awesome. i'm happy you went and secretly i bet you had a wonderful time! and by the way...'helmut' is spelled 'helmet'...you don't care, but i do :)

Dawn said...

lol that is AWESOME Nikki! I have been meaning to go myself but just haven't goptten there! Kudoes to you.... and 1 bajilion points, just for you! Blessings and love~

Unknown said...

Hey Nikki how are you?
i love your snowboarding blog, lol... i hear ya girl, never again i could barely move...
Just wanted to say it was awesome meeting you while i was out there, thanks for all the good times..
God bless
ashley

Amanda said...

i think snowboarding could be more fun if i were taught how to stop...instead of flying a million miles an hour into the snow...over and over and over. i liked it though...but my body didn't the day after...