Thursday, May 25, 2006

Future

Well since there are people who think that I needed a new post I will post...also it truly has been awhile since I posted so here goes it. I just got home from the movie Over the Hedge...I think thats what its called and I was hangin with Jelea cause well we havent hung out in forever and it was a good time. So my week has been allright up untill today...I have had a pretty stressful day at work and to me it doesnt normally happen considering I love my job. Ohhh tuesday I preached at my faithworks class it was one of our assignments and I think I did very well...God spoke through me and it was like wow...it was cool. Funny thing is I was thinking of a good blog today and I forgot what it was about. Ohhh you know what I have been thinking about latley...destiny and the future...mostly because I think thats the theme in the young adults in med hat. They all want to know where they are going and what God is going to do for them. Me included but today I got great revelation on this topic...If we knew our next step the question in would we want to take it...If God showed us His plan would we be ready for it? Would we want to go where He wants us to go? I think God doesnt show us for that reason...because think about this we already think that we cant do things we already think that we are no good...if God told us the plan the devil would just have more lies to throw in our face so I think that God doesnt tell us so that we can have less to worry about. And why not be happy with just God...who cares what our future is like because right now we have God and He is not going to lead us into somewhere bad. If God wasnt with us we would have no future. Also your future just doesnt fall into your lap you have to work at it...you have to sweat a little. So as you are working and as you sweat you leave marks along the way. So then when you get ahead and look back you can see the marks that you have left along the way and be happy because you actually worked for something. Right now in my life I am not worrying where I will be in a few years I dont care you know why cause I have God directing my steps and I gave up looking. I am doing what He told me to do right now and the future will come. I have hope in my Father and future...hope means to look forward to in confidence and expectation...and I am confident in my God that He will give me the desires of my heart. So I pray that you...all my friends see this too and I pray that the revelation I have gets into your knower and that you guys start walking in it. Remember be faithful with the little so that God can give you the big. Have a great rest of your week everyone. Nikki Out!

7 comments:

SJ said...

Dreams are definatly a hot topic right now. Were talking about dreaming big in Satellite right now. We had 3 of the breakers there last night. There still in town because there going to be performing at YC on the weekend. It should be pretty tight. But back to what I was saying :) They did some break dancing, then they talked about there dreams, and a bit about there lives and it was really cool. Then they prayed for kids, and katie prayed, and it was awesome. They had a bunch of the kids up at the front (They called for all the kids who have a dream to come and have it prayed for, and for all the kids who don't think they have a dream to come so that they could be prayed for, for God to reveal just how huge his plans for them are.)

One of the things that the one breaker (Kamakaze) said hit me. He said "If your dreams aren't impossible with your own strength then your NOT dreaming big enough" God want's to be glorified, and you doing stuff your self that you could do anyway doesn't glorify Him.

I love that you know some of the dreams and plans God has for you and that your trusting him with that.

I think i'm starting to ramble on, so i'm just going to say keep on dreaming.

Peace

Okay so i'm not done rambling. I just had to mention someone Katie prayed for. I won't say any names, but it's a young girl that goes to Satellite that just has so much potential, and destiny on her life that it almost oozes out of her. Katie got a word for her, and it was powerful. I was standing in the booth and I just started to cry and laugh, it was amazing. But this time i'm out for real.

Peace

JP said...

Wow - that's awesome stuff Scott!

And nikki, that's a good point with God not necessarily wanting to tell us because we might not be ready for it. I also think God doesn't show us so he can build faith - afterall, it's all about him and stretching us to grow where we need to be, into whom we need to be.

We all wonder or worry of the future, and I do as well, but there is that truth of doing what you know you're suppose to do right now - which is good, but at the same time, their has to be some common sense with the future so you don't walk into it blind. I totally understand what you're saying though and I agree with it plus the common sense part.

Hope today is better, but if days were never crappy you wouldn't know just how good a good day really is! Life just wouldn't be the same for us without the garbage to walk through at times would it... ?

See you tonight and then we're off tomorrow to YC! YA YA!

Jelea said...

it sucks yesterday was bad, i know about bad days...and i think it's awesome to leave marks behind. i would love it that when i'm old, i can look back and see what i've done throughout my life!
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow, i'm excited i'm excited i'm excited...but i have to roof all day first but i have to roof all day first but ihave to roof all day first

JP said...

I think you're repeating yourself 3 times
I think you're repeating yourself 3 times
I think you're repeating yourself 3 times

ECHO
ECHO
ECHO

Jelea said...

repeat repeat repeat

Dawn said...

AMEN AMEN A-STINKING-MEN! Preach that good stuff sister! woah! Can i get a 'PRAISE THE LORD' in here! whoo! There is so SO much truth in this! I was actually thinking about the same thing the other day... cause i notice that you guys worry a lot more about your futures and where you will be than i do... not to say that i dont ever think about my future or worry about various things but i have told God... here is my life, do with it what You will... sometimes He has to remind me that i said that before i get my butt in gear but still~ I am pretty sure that God LOVES to take us out of our comfort zones... you want more excitment? Get comfortable where you are and see what happens! Garenteed you will see somethin crazy!~ Here is to embracing the "Leahs" in our lives to get our "Rachells"! Blessings, great post hun!

Dawn said...

fart fart fart