Tuesday, May 30, 2006

How long does it take 4 ADD people to get home from Edmonton?

Our trip home from edmonton started us leaving Dawn's house so that we could get on the road early and heading to Ikea.>insert irony here< Well we went to Ikea and this store was amazing so we looked around for a bit then we waited and waited...then istead of waitng we decided to go wendys for some food...and we waited some more. So finally we were done waiting and so we got on the road with full stomachs and even fuller bowels. So Kurtis, Justin, Jelea and I were in a car together enough said. We get on the road and start driving so as we are driving we are eating pisatchios and sour soothers and whatever else was in the car at this time. We are having a grand ole time then...

Kurtis: Nicole sharted. Jelea sharted. Justin REALLY sharted, Will someone save me? In the name of all that is holy…please…

...the flactuents start and now the car smells man it was great. So we get to innisfile(I dunno how to spell the name of the town). We stopped there to get drinks and go to the bathroom. DOLLER STORE??? SHINY CONFETTI!!! So we went to the grocery store and then we saw a doller store and decided to stop there to see what they had. Well Justin and Kurtis bought these toy guns that shoot confetti they were awesome...those entertained us for about five minutes. So we all get back into the car to drive home. So has we are driving the smell is getting thicker in the car and we are laughing too hard to do anthing it was a great time. So we get to calgary...I thought we were goin around calgary but we didnt. We then were like hey lets go to peters drive-in...so we were drving down a road and then all of a sudden we were like hey its not this way...so we back tracked and went the other way...FOUND IT. So we got some milkshakes and fries mmm that was good. So now we get back into the car with or bowels ready to explode. So we are driving down the road and I really had to go to the bathroom and so did Jelea and Justin and wait Kurtis did too...so we stopped at bassano to go to the bathroom...so now that we are relieved we can continue our trip. So on the road we go so we are driving down the road...and we get to brooks someone says hey lets confetti Andreas car and I was like yeah...Justin asks do you know where her house is and I said yes. So we turn into brooks...We take the the first turn towards her house then we are driving down the road and Justin is like now which turn and I was like that would have been the one we just passed...so we back track some more. Slowly we are getting lost in brooks so I phoned Andrea pretending that I was sending a package to her and asked her what her address was. So we get the adress and we find her house and knock...so we spent a bit there talking with her and her parents and telling them about our adventures. So then finally we get back on the road again on our way home. Between Justin, Jelea and I we were having the car smell pretty bad it was so great. So finally we get back to Medicine Hat at midnight...home sweet home. We pretty much laughed at ourselves because we kept getting distracted by things to do. So the anser to how long does it take for four ADD people to get home from Edmonton is 7 hours. Yes thats correct I said 7 hours...we wanted to be home at 9 but things jsut kept happening. I wouldnt have traded it for anything the ride home was probably the best part of my weekend. There was more to my weekend but I just wrote this because its funny and the highlight of my weekend...dont get me wrong YC was good this year too but I will never forget the car ride home. Well its 1am and I have to work tomorrow so I am goin to bed...Nikki out!

8 comments:

JP said...

I must say, I appologize for makin you guys upset, I shouldn't have taken so long and I'm sorry for that - but on the other hand, look how much fun you guys had on the way home! I made it back in 5 hours, and driving by yourself isn't so fun - so you're one up on me there, but that makes me really glad that you guys had a good trip home!

SJ said...

I'm glad I wasn't in that car. I probably wpuld have stabbed someone. Doesn't sound like rotting corpse would have smelt worse then Jellos car.

Sounds like a good time was had though. I can't wait to hear about it in person.

Peace

Jelea said...

LOL AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was so much fun...and my car STILL STINKS TODAY!!! ewwww grosss...but guess what??? it's not my car...i don't have to smell it anymore, my mom does HAHAHAHAHA

Dawn said...

I am glad that you guys had so much fun! It makes my heart happy... sorry for keepin you guys from headin out right away! I am glad i wasen't in the vehicle either! You guys sure do fart a lot! lol It still stinks today Jelea!?! Thats bad! Well take care! Be blessed and much love!

Jelea said...

my mom said she had to drive with the windows open :S

Anonymous said...

That can not be natural or healthy... I recomend doctors appoints for you all pronto

Nicole said...

Julie if you seen what we ate this weekend you would understand.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys basically made every cool stop on the drive. Ikea, Peter's. Once you've made that road trip a few more times, hopefully you'll realize that Wendy's is a bad road trip food, for the reason you have described. Peter's is bad too, but its also the most delicous food ever.

And its spelled, Innisfail. :)