Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Life Happens

Life happens no matter how much you want to stop it...no matter how much you just want time to stand still it wont. I love my life at times but there are times when I just want time to stop so that I can enjoy that moment as long as possible. I am sure you guys have felt that before. Like when you are having an awesome time with a friend you never get to see...you just want that moment to last forever. Expecalliy if that friend makes you feel like you are important and that nothing else in the world matters..ohh sorry I got lost for a second. Anyways I am at a point in my life that I have to grow up and move on in life. God has these amazing plans for me but sometimes I feel like I am getting pushed into them too fast..I know I am 22 and its time for me to grow up but for real I dont want to. Sometimes when I am sitting here its hard for me to think of myself as an adult with a career and living on my own. I always sit here and remember the time when I was a child and nothing seemed to matter and our biggest problem was who was going to be what in our imaganitive play. The world did stop and those moments lasted forever. Why cant I have that still why cant the world stop now. Was it the world stoping? Or was it that we werent as busy then and time didnt matter? Well I dont know but I always sit here and remember those times when and it was my favorite time in life. I have to realize that people come and go in my life and I have to realize that my friends are growing up too and that they are moving on to new and exciting places. I have to start realizing that they are stepping into what God has for them and they will not always be around. Its almost like the world wants you to loose your imagination and become numb to your suroundings. So that when bad things happen or people leave you then you dont care...heck its not a bad idea to become numb. I am willing to give it a try. Who needs people anyways...God is what we need right? I dont want to stand in the way of my friends lives so its better if I move over to the side and let them do what they want. Let them be who they want to be...even if it tears me up inside. Even if I feel like a part of me has died. There are certian people in my life that I have given my heart to and some of them kept and protected it dearly and some of them have torn it apart. I love my friends no matter how they treat me. I will always remember them and they will always have a special place in my heart. But there is one thing I cannot do and that is stand in the way of their dreams and destiny. So I will move to the side.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Niki, look i am the frist to leave a comment, amazing eh.

Well How about instead of stepping to the side and letting your friends go down the road God is leading them. support them in their journey rejoice with them. The road we go down is sometimes a lonly road. When we have friends who support us and are there for us, even if they are miles away, we are encouraged.
Niki, your friends, your close friends, no matter how far away they may end up will always be your friends, you will be able to call or email them and visit.
take heart, we are only a phone call away

JP said...

I agree with that. you won't be letting them go unless you choose to that way. I was talking with Jello the other day and how life will be different in 10 years. we're all going to have families and possibly be different places in the world and we'll have this time to look back on who we were and when we hung out. It's sad in a way, but in another, it's warming and scary all at the same time. how life changes... I like the honesty in the blog... we totally just need God, but we're setup that we need people too so we don't think we can make it on our own. So you still need your friends. I need my friends more than I know - their input, their boldness to correct me and to laugh with me or whatever I need for the moment. we truly aren't meant to live alone. dont become numb, numb is walls and walls are cages...good post nikki

Jelea said...

i have to say i agree with jishwa...and just remember that friends are so important in all of our lives...

Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who's moved several times over the last few years....we live in an age of phone, email and blogs. Distance is much less significant then it used to be. Yes it sucks that you can't hang out with some people as much as before, but if the friendship is true and strong, then it won't be diminished; if anything, friendships are strengthened. You figure out who your truly life-long friends will be, and even if you only have a few of those, you are truly blessed. And I'm sure you already have many more at your young age.

We all have our own adventures to seek, and that may lead most of us away from each other, but no matter where you are, your friends are always with you in your foxhole.

Lke I told you before Nik, this is the time of our lives where the paths we may take are limitless, so there will be some goodbyes are farewells. Just remember that they are never permanent.