Thursday, May 18, 2006

Next Chapter

So I have been tryin to write a blog for the last couple of days now but I didnt know what to write. But I think I got it. I have been sitting here these last few days thinking about my life...I have lived for 22 years I know that is not along time considering people can live to one hundred or longer. But in the 22 years I have lived I have been through a lot. I have had dreams and dreams have been broken, I have had great freindships and broken friendships, I have failed and succeeded, I have lost and won, I have ran and walked. In my life I have done many things and everything that I have been through was a great learning experiance even tho I didnt think so at the time. You are prob wonderin why I have been thinkin about this well lately I have been thinkin about my future. About what God has for me and how its all goin to pan out. You know what else I have been thinking about...is I am graduating college in a couple of weeks here and in high school no one ever thought I was goin to do it. But here I am graduating college not like I took a hard program or anything it was actually pretty easy but I am doing it...I have finished a very important chapter in my life. And it is pretty exciting. Now I sit here and think I am 22 with a career...wow thats cool and sounds awesome. I have come to a realization today as well and that is I am not a failure. I have done something that many people thought I would never do. So as I sit here and think about my life I realize that in the last 22 years I have put my mark on many people's lives and affected lives and the best part is I have lived. Now I sit here and go on to the next chapter in my life as a young adult with a career and not only that but a purpose.

14 comments:

JP said...

which is totally awesome and cool! Some people dont have that, or don't know - now ya just stick with it and be faitfhul! Good to hear good news! See ya soon.


p.s. one week til YC!

Dawn said...

I would like to take this moment to say that i am SO proud of you! You have definatly left a mark on me! I love you and all that you are and aren't! This post made my heart SO happy! Nikki... you TRUELY are special, and unique~ I wouldn't trade our friendship for he world and a dancing hippo! Keep truckin Cinderella! You have more strength than you think! May blessings drench your world! *hugs*

Jocelyn said...

hm. I've never met my real dad either. Or mom actually. Y'see I was adopted. But yeah. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll take it whenever I can get it. Heh.
God Bless.

SJ said...

whoop whoop for gradumicating.

I didn't know you in highschool but I never doubted you would finish school, and that your going to be one of the best damn child looker afterers ever. And probably a bit of parent looker afterering to :)

Peace

JP said...

completely agree's with Scott!~

Nicole said...

wow scott that is the best comment ever...if you ever need to call me somethin again tho the name they use for my job is I am a childcare professional...just so you know...but I love the comment.

Jelea said...

you rock nicole! you made me smile big and think when i read this! havea great weekend!

D. said...

Indeed. You do rawk.

It's awesome how we can look back and see how far we've come, many hurdles we've jumped. And with God, we can do so much more! Horray for child looker afterers!

Err...childcare professional. Don't hurt me....

Anonymous said...

And who would have thought that Scott's blog would be a gateway to so many others. Nik, the inside of your mind really is addictive.

The start of the young adult/career is always exciting. So many possiblities, everything is suddenly so much more nonlinear. And all due to the grace of God, and fullness that he wants to effect into your life.

To summarize, you are definitely not a failure, and you've definitely affected my life, and definitely for the better....definitely.

Nicole said...

wow ed that really means a lot thanks for the comment...hey we are comin up next weekend

JP said...

Ed, you should post comments on my blog too.. :(

Anonymous said...

Cinderella... i love you, hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!

JP said...

*puts hand in the air*


Voting for a brand, spankin new post!

Anonymous said...

*puts hand up*

'me too me too!'