Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pretty Sweet I guess


This weekend was pretty sweet for many reasons. I went to Edmonton and I got to see Dawn and hang out with her all weekend and I got to see her mom which I love…I love her mom she is inviting and caring and fun…sometimes I wonder why I was born into the family that I was born into…I love my family but it may have been easier if I could have talked to my mom about things and if she was more inviting. Now don’t get me wrong I know that all families have their problems and are not perfect but sometimes I just wish things were different. Anyways I know there is a purpose for me being in the family that I am in. Anyways back to the weekend, it was pretty cool some stretching happened this weekend and it was soooo good for me and I don’t think I would have been able to do it on my own. My friends are very supportive about things and help me a lot and I really appreciate it. Dawn is such a good influence on me and I think this kind of relationship we have was something I needed. And so Dawn I know you read my blog and I want everyone to see how much you mean to me…Thank you for this weekend…thank you for everything you have done for me and thank you that you for all the times you have been there for me…and even tho I am three years older than you thank you for being mom like to me…ha ha I really need that in my life. I love you tons and you will always be someone I keep in touch with. Ok back to my weekend, So Friday we got to Edmonton and went to the West Ed mall that was all right…then we went to the cheesecake cafĂ©…mmmm cake I like cake…sorry I got lost there for a sec. Then we went back to Dawns house and hung out there that was fun until I got mad at mau…ha ha games they are fun. Then Saturday came and we went shopping on White Ave I like that street it is a good time. We went up and down the street looking for one specific thing and I cant say it on here right now Mary can tell you after she gets it…ha ha anyways then Dawn took us to see the outside of the Parliament Building ok now for those of you who don’t know me that well yes I love politics and I love things like goin on tours of things like that I have never seen the parliament building in Alberta so I though ok lets go. So she sowed us the fountains that you are aloud to swim in I thought that was cool. Then we decided to see if we can get into the building but we couldn’t it was locked. So we started walking away and we were walking past this door so in my head I thought I wonder if its locked…so I went to open it and it actually opened I was like wow and so Dawn and Josh and I went into this little building…we ended down in these tunnels underground that were pretty cool…turns out we were not in the parliament building and then a tour guide is walking past us with a group of people and he is like do you guys want to go on a tour and I was like YEAH…so he took us on a tour…turns out it was a tour of the parliament building so I got really excited we actually got a tour of this building now this building was amazing it was so beautiful I enjoyed it so much. I think I was more excited then the other two but I am also kind of a geek when it comes to things like that. So I learned some interesting facts about the government of Alberta and this building…ok so when the building was first built in 1905 it would have cost 4 million to build that was when pop was 5 cents today that building is worth 400 million…that’s a lot of money eh. Also the tour guide showed is where there was a bullet hole in the brass door of an elevator where there was a live shooting in the parliament building I thought that was cool. He told us how Alberta got its name which was an interesting story here I will tell it…this guy wanted to name the province after his wife and her name was Lousie Caroline Alberta and well Lousie was too close to lousiana in and Caroline was too close to North Carolina so Alberta it was…pretty cool eh. Well now he showed us where Ralph Kleins office was he has a whole wing to himself that’s sweet. The he told about the mace which this is kind of a lame tradition. Ok so they have to have this mace in the meeting room or else they cant have a meeting that’s kinda like an idol is it not but whatever. Then we went into the chambers and he told us about how they have meetings and why they do certain things that they do today here is two traditions that they still do today…one back in the day they chose a speaker…the speaker is the person who sat in the front and made up laws…well this job was not liked because if the other people didn’t like the laws that the speaker chose they would kill him on the spot…so they had to drag the speaker up and throw him into the chair…well today they don’t kill you if you make up bad laws but they still grab the person and take them to the front and put them in the chair..the next fact is back in the day they used to carry swords and in these meeting you always had to have your hand on your sword just in case of a fight so you didn’t have two free hands to clap when you agreed with something so they just banged on the desk with one hand…even tho we don’t carry swords today they still bang on the desk with one hand today. Yep I learned that at the parliament building…now I also go to see this really cool thing. There is this spot in the parliament building that is called the magic spot I will explain…on the main floor there is this fountain and on the fith floor there is this spot that you can stand on and it sounds like the water is pouring just above your head this is very cool we all took turns standing this spot and it really did sound like it. Well I learned a lot more about the parliament building but I am only half way through my weekend and this is getting really long. So if you want to know more I can tell you later. The crazy part is I never remember anything about anything and I remember the entire tour it was amazing…I guess if you are interested in something its easier to pay attention. Well then after that we went back to Dawns house to have supper and by this time Scott was done getting his tattoo and so we got to see it and it was cool if you want to see it I am sure he will put it on his blog so you may be able to see it there. So then we watched saving private ryan that night. Then Sunday we went to church which I love Dawns church it is so fun cause it reminds me of my home church. Ummm then we had a BBQ lunch at her sisters and that was fun cause we got to hang out with her sister and her husband it was cool. Then we drove home and its fun cause I was with Scott and Josh and Melissa and we got to talk and have fun in the car nothing like goin on a fun weekend with good friends. I had a great weekend and am excited to go back in three weeks. My highlight of the weekend was hanging out with Dawn and was the parliament building and everyone knows that as you can tell that’s what this whole blog is about ha ha and I am sure I will be talking about it for the next week ha ha. Well I had a great weekend and I am glad to be back home and see all my other friends Monday is also going to be great day I am looking forward to hanging out with Mary…well talk to you all soon and I put up an awesome pic of the inside of the parliment building.

8 comments:

Adventures of a Girl said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!! Glad to hear this.

And I'm looking forward to hanging Monday night too!!

Dawn said...

wow.... what an AMAZING weekend! Hey hey nikki.... geuss who wnet down an escalator.... excalator kinda sounds like burnannator.... lol .... so i went and gave your number to the tour guide, you know since u like him and all..... lol.... i can just picture the reaction on your face and ts PRICELESS! You beast! lol MUCHLOV!

... ok that was my other comment.... now for the fuzzies.... Nikki, you can never know how much those words actually mean to me! It brought tears to my eyes and pride to my heart! I am INCANDECENTLY PROUD OF YOU!~ It was definatly a stretching weekend and it warmed my heart to see you bravely step out and take that leap of faith! (or perhaps just a step onto the escalator!) You mean SO much to me Nikki... and you will always hold a special piece of my heart! Love you girl! Be extremely blessed!

JP said...

That tour was cool. Quite cool. It was awesome just the 3 of us hangin out for that aft. stupid mase... that's a joke, ha!


Awesome weekend, awesome trip. It's just soakin in tonight and I'm takin every last drop. Have an awesome week Nikki!

Jelea said...

yeah, this was long, just as you said. i heard about most of it before i read it though. happy you had fun, just think, in a couple of weeks we'll be back up there.

D. said...

I'm glad you had an awesome weekend Nikki, horray for the leg grounds... politics is fun! (Coming from a poli sci major...)

Hope you have an uberawesometasic (that was for Dawn) week!

Dawn said...

Yes! Points for Derek! 20 of em! That was awesome! Nikki you need to put the pictures up somewhere! Love you more! Be blessed!

Nicole said...

The pictures are on my msn myspace so all of you that are on my msn list can go check them out

JP said...

we didn't take that many hey?