Monday, March 20, 2006

The lost, empty and brokenhearted

There are so many people in this world that are empty and alone. They fill their pain with drugs and alcohol. There are some many people walking the halls of schools like zombies and you look into their eyes and see the pain, the pain that they carry. Everyone has a story of who they are today and why they feel so lost. If someone doesnt believe in God...what do they believe in? If someone doesnt believe that there is a higher calling on their life and that they are here for a reason...then what are they living for? If someone's identity isnt in Christ Jesus...then who are they? The pain that they feel, I feel. The hurt and sadness they carry, I carry. It breaks my heart to see this in my own city, in my own province, and in my own country. Where is the love in Canada? People fill their lives with the love of money and possesions. Think about the word possesion....can also mean possesed, hmmm yeah people are possesed over their possesions, they dont feel or see love in people so they have these items in their life to try and fill the void but yet they are still empty. In countries where there is no money there are happy children. You know why cause all they have to live off of is love...they have no possesions to fill the void, they have love and thats what you need. Yes there is disease and death in those countries but at least they know that someone loved them. It isnt hard to tell someone that you care, whether its an encouraging note or coffee or just a smile. This blog may mean nothing to you...but my heart is where the lost are and I can feel how they feel...I know that you say then why arent you doing something about it...I am, I am lliving my normal day and loving the people who need it. I take the time to listen to someone when they need to talk. I take the time to bend down and tell a child that I care jsut by listening to them. I take the time to listen to a teenager about the boy they like or what is going on at home. I take the time to tell my friends that I care about them. I am not perfect, no body can be...but I take the time. This is something that was on my mind today so I needed to write it out and tell someone. You may be the only Jesus that someones sees so portray Him right. This blog sounded better in my head then it does on here but the words just dont come out the way I want them to.

7 comments:

JP said...

I forget I'm here not for myself, but for others, at times... It's convicting... but at the same time, God needs me to be a certain type of man... or maybe he doesn't to do everything.. I feel like I'm in a big season of growth, and my entire life doesn't pour out to other people, but I try to do what I can.. hopefully one day, one note will minister to thousands more than one word from my mouth.. This is one of those, feel hopelessly lost without Jesus feelings.... *sighs*

Dawn said...

First off nikki... if it don't sound 'elequent' enough then too bad! Its you, genuinly you and i WONT have it any other way because THAT is beutiful! Second, its more than just you who sees and feels these pains.... most people do actually, but refuse to do anything about it! It makes me upset and shaken to know that i have done the same... its like that song by Out of Eden "Sara Jane"! *gasps for air* This is EXACTLY why the most important commandment is Love God and to love our neighbour as ourselves! God is love, we are NOTHING without love... thats why i try to constantly portray love... you can save someone with a smile (ask me about that story, its a gooder!)! Great entry, be blessed, MUCH love!

D. said...

Your post hit me hard. In our society, its so hard not to get that 'me' attitude. But Christ's calling isn't for us to look out for us, its for us to look out for others. Yet I know that I, and almost everyone else finds that really difficult. We want to use our time for ourselves, to buy 'this' and do 'that'. We need to focus more on what God wants for others than what we want for us. Only then can we be on the road to true happiness.

Dawn said...

Self directed farts.... thats all i have to say...LOL

Nicole said...

mhmmm ok

JP said...

Self-directed farts.. I still don't see how that's physically possible.. but since you're so 'experienced' in this area Dawn, you should tell us how it's done. And for the record ladies and gents.. girls DO POOH! Someone PLEASE tell TYson this...

JP said...

Or perhaps if ANYONE at all was up for the challenge, they could show him. How? he he.. use your imagination ;)