Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Refreshing

Well tonight was faithworks but it wasnt no ordinary faithworks. We had guest speakers tonight so both classes were together and the service was opened to all others as well. Now as we all know I have been going through some troubles these last few weeks...some would say I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. Funny story tonight's service was about becoming an overcomer...now I have sat through "overcomer" services before...but this time was different. So tonight the pastor said that its your attitude will determine how far you go with God and in life....now think about that for a moment...my attitude has stunk in the past couple of weeks. My attitude stands in my way....hmmmm yeah I get it....There were a few keys that he went over to become an overcomer...the first one was Consider the Opportunities...that means when you see a challenge look at the opputunities not the problems...the second one was take confidence in God..hmmm that is hard at times but what the pastor said is that God will carry me on His shoulders to His promised land...He is going to pick me up and carry me to my destiny...the last key was wait for it....Correct self image....ouch....which means you will never be an overcomer untill you see yourself as one...hmmm yeah I get it...Tonight was amazing for me I felt like I was in the only one in the room and that he was speaking to me...this is what I needed to hear and get revelation on tonight....Ok now wait for it this is the most powerful part of it...the pastor got us to stand up and think of something we are going through and to tell it that we will overcome it...well I thought of two things and they were my financial troubles and depression and I said I will overcome it....and I believe it...I may have sweat through the eyeballs a bit.....tonight I got true revelation that God really does love me and that He cares about me and no problem is too big for Him to handle...I AM A MIGHTY WOMEN OF GOD....yeah I am...you heard...and I know there have been people praying for this very moment and thank you guys for not giving up...I am sorry that this blog is kinda long and a bit of a teaching but its something that I needed to get out...I wrote a poem about this but I am not going to put it up here yet....well I am out have a great week...ohh and Dawn guess what....I care about me and am starting to like myself.

9 comments:

JP said...

That's so awesome Nikki, we all needed to hear that message, and oh look!? I did too! I'm going to need to be reminded of this when I hit a troubled time.

D. said...

Hey Nikki, thats great that the speaker really spoke to you. It really spoke to me too that we need to have confidence in God. Too often we try to go it on our own, and we really need to trust that he'll be there. Sounds like an awesome time, and that the Lord really showed you some stuff. Awesome!

Dawn said...

woohooo....WHOOHOHOOOOO....IWHEWIUERFHELGLSDFHJUDR...I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITMENT! PRAISE THE LORD, THANK YOU JESUS, WHOOHOOO...WHOOHOO.... SERIOUSLY, I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS! BREAKTHROUGH AND REVELATION! I AM SO INCREDIBLY PROUD OF YOU! I LOVE YOU! BE BLESSED...WHOOHOO!

Dawn said...

Nicole, will you marry me?

Dawn said...

i agree with Andrea..... i would LOVE to read the peom!

Nicole said...

Yes Dawn I will marry you...I thought you would never ask

Dawn said...

YES!

JP said...

*throws up in mouth*

Nicole said...

ha ha I love it...this is almost more fun then reading blogs lol