Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Control

I have been holding on to this too long
My hand is starting to hurt from it
I want to give it up to you
I want to be free of this
This is my life, so it should be my choice
I slowly reach my hand up to you
And I say “take it”
God take this control
My life is yours
And all that is in it
You have the control now
My hand has the indent of where I held on so tight
The mark of the keys to my life

This is just a little blurb I wrote tonight. One of the main things I have been struggling with is giving God control. I want all control so I know whats going to happen next and so things go my way. That is a little bit of the only child coming out in me ha ha. Anyways tonight I am saying God take control its not me that should be in charge I am screwing up every minute...its you that needs to take my life and do with it as you please. It's in better hands now. I just want to be where you are Daddy. Thats the cry of my heart. Thats what I long for. Thats what I crave. This is a huge step for me cause some of my friends know how much control means to me. So here I go on my own adventure.

19 comments:

JP said...

I am in your shoes as well... it's hard.. and not easy.. God was speaking to me in many ways tonight. I was in my own little world. helplessness... being blind folded not knowing what's in front of you is not fun. And when you ask where you're being taken he replies, "do you trust me?" I won't say beyond one more word. It's time ...

Dawn said...

WHOOHOO! PRAISE THE LORD! This is a huge step girl! I am SO proud and excited for you! Now God can and will take you to further places... ones that you never even thought possible! Its when we relenquish that control that there is SO much peace and relief! I know i am feelin it and its extremely good and refreshing!... i know i have told some of you this but... when a horse is trapped inside a burning building it needs to be blindfolded in order to be led out... it wont move if it can see the fire... in the same sence that is what God does! He will lead you to safety... to victory! Be blessed, muchlov!

Dawn said...

your fired andrea! Clean out your desk!

Nicole said...

I dont want to see you here on monday

Nicole said...

Dawn if I see her on monday your fired too

Dawn said...

*hog ties Andrea to my osterich and kick osterich in the butt* HA. TAKE THAT! U DO NOT NIKKI! YOU WILL BE NEXT! I HAVE A CAMEL AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!

Nicole said...

Yeah well its not that hard just make sure she isnt here on monday, if she is your not got that. By the way I have an elephant that can stomp you and if that isnt enough I have a crow that can peck your eyes out.

Dawn said...

yeah... well i have a friend who has OEED and he will just eat the elephant and then my dog will eat the bird!

Nicole said...

umm the bird is like bigger than your dog...I dont see that happening sheesh...ok now this is gettin funny cause we are talkin on msn and doin this ha ha

Dawn said...

Bring it on Andrea.... *puts up fists* I WILL BEAT YOU!

Nicole said...

No farting in Nikki's blog

Dawn said...

*whimpers...now why would you do that Andrea....*sob* i thought that you loved me! but i geuss not!... so lets share this moment together! *farts even louder and longer*

Nicole said...

awww sick now I am gonna have to spray air freshner sheesh

JP said...

Who gave you girls drugs....? Cheap fix..

Dawn said...

pretty sure my stelth goat was a cop... *glances suspicously around* ducks under chair while making hands into gun*

JP said...

Did you really do that in reality?

Dawn said...

Josh...if you can believe it.... i ACTUALLY did!.... except i couldn't get all of me underneath the chair so i just layed down and put my head underneath the chair (i kinda looked like that osterish that nicole is getting me~)I really should have taken a picture of it!

JP said...

NICE! That's awesome; 250 points for you!

JP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.