Monday, April 10, 2006

One of my poems

This is a poem I wrote awhile ago and I wanted to put up here so here it is.

The world sleeps alone tonight
Not a sound for miles
People dreaming of what could be if…
Terrors in the night flying into their rooms
Angels fighting for their souls
The world walks alone today
With no one to listen to their cries
Terrors by day tormenting them
Angels protecting them
The world works alone
Doing their mundane jobs day after day
The enemy filling their heads with lies
God telling them He loves them
The world eats alone
Sitting at a table across from an empty chair
Silence in the air
God is waiting for them to talk
The world sleeps alone tonight
While God is filling their heads with dreams
He tells them He is there
The world wakes up together this morning

Nicole
Andrews
22

4 comments:

Dawn said...

mmmm.... i love the last line! This is so true of our society today.... i was feeling like that the other day "surrounded by a sea of people who seemed so unaware, feeling all alone and that no one cared".... i always enjoy your poetic nature, it warms my very soul! You touch on issues and lay it bear, sheading light where most of us are unaware! Be blessed, muchlov, Dawn

JP said...

Nikki, this writting was really awesome - no joke, I really like the line 'the world sleeps alone tonight'

that hit me pretty good.

Jelea said...

dude, now that I've read this, it's awesome. You have awesome writing skills, and this gave me a great read. keep writing, and i'll keep reading...because i don't write, so you can't read anything of mine!

Adventures of a Girl said...

Nicole...I need your e-mail address!!

Um, tonight I am going to the gym straight from work, but I will be at your house for like 6:30 so we can hit the movie...if you still want to do that. Oh, and if Jelea wants to come....that's cool to!

Mary