Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Swirling thoughts

Well so much has happened in the last two days in my life. Yesterday being the worst day of my life to today being a really good day. Yesterday stuff happened which made me question the path I am one which I know is the right one. Even tho I know its the right path things always happen to try to get you off course but thats when you know its right. This fight we are in is a hard one but we will always be victorous if we have God. The funny thing is yesterday in Faithworks everything I had been dealing with was talked about. God is funny that way He likes us to go through something and then teaches us why later. I love it but hate it at the same time. This year in Faithworks its all been about becoming a great leader. Well you all know how I like to isolate myself when I get frustrated well at Faithworks last night we talked on a bit of that and how isolation isnt the best because you are not around people that could possibly help you. I am trying to hide from the ones that can harm me but in the process I am the one harming me cause I am also hiding from the good people. I got so much revelation last night that its hard to put it all in words. One statement that was said last night that got into my spirit was this "It's about today, where ever you are." Its saying that God is going to use you where you are at today, in your workplace in your school or in your church where ever you are today. The great thing about last night is that we talked about finding the potential in people and drawing it out of them. I can think of many of examples where people have done that in my life for me. And I thank them for that. Another great statement I heard was this "What if we never got to the winners circle but helped someone else get there." Are you willing to see someone else go into their destiny or are you all about yourself? Hmmm that is a great question eh? Cause really its not about us...but its about buildng God's Kingdom on earth...wow just think about that for a moment its so beautiful. I am excited to see what is going to happen.

Another topic I wanted to talk about in this blog is the movie V for Vendatta. I know this blog is getting long but I have now seen this movie twice and both times I am just amazed at how well this movies was put together and the lines that are said in it. This movie is so much deeper to me then it may be for other people. I see lessons about identity, about God, about government and about faith. I see people in this movie who are willing to die for the cause. No matter what the cause is...they are willing to do anything for it and they are sold on it. Some great lines are these "You have been wearing the mask for so long that you forget the person under it". I love that line...also "The people shouldnt be afraid of the government the government should be afraid of the people." This movie is so great on many levels. If you have not yet seen it go see it. I am not going to ruin the whole movie for those of you who have not yet seen it.

My mind is spinning with thoughts today. I have learned a lot in the past two days that are going to stay with me forever. I have learned that no matter how others see things I will always see them different and God gave me these eyes for a reason. I have learned that God has put me exactly where He wants me and I am going to continue this fight. The devil thinks that he is tripping me up but little does he know he has made me stronger.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

mmm.... it is my PASSIONATE DESIRE to see the generation after us go further and farther! It is something that past generations haven't done so well and i really REALLY want to do it for the next generation! wow... so good! I am glad that things are better today! Be blessed, muchlov!
"No one can make you feel inferior wihtout your consent" -Eleanor Roosevelt

Adventures of a Girl said...

Nicole, you are a really cool person! I had a lot of fun hanging tonight....even if the movie got cut off at the best part:)

Have an awesome day tomorrow, and the best of luck!

Dawn said...

u ready for this?.......
*starts quiet* baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo baby shark....mama shark doo doo doo doo doo doo mama shark doo doo doo doo doo doo mama shark doo doo doo doo doo doo mama shark

JP said...

Aweome stuff - exciting.

"Even tho I know its the right path things always happen to try to get you off course but thats when you know its right"

Sometimes, I don't even look at things anymore 'trying to get me off course' but I look at those things as 'things that are essential for me to overcome. Obstacles only in my way because I will overcome them and grow in many ways. It's true... attitude really IS everything... And Dawn? You're the craziest shark of them all...

Jelea said...

NIcole, I'm happy you go to Faithworks when you don't want to, it always seems to work out for you and speak to you where you are right now and give you the encouragement you need at the right time. wow, that's a long sentence...and this was a long blog.

JP said...

Jishwa needs new material to read

Dawn said...

Josh.... y does it ALWAYS have to be about you? Everyone it has to be about me, cause i am perfect! Ya know, since we honest 'ere! Everyone knows its because i have superpowers.... (*said in whisper* i am secrectly elasta girl...but don't tell anyone, or i will have to kill you)!lol

JP said...

I never asked you to tell me, so I don't think it's really fair that you take the blinded 'right' to take my life. I will snap you in two elasta girl....