Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Real" Adult

Hmmm...my blog is not what I thought it was goin to be about...I was goin to write about my amazing weekend..and was goin to tell you about new friends, road trips..and memories that last longer then time...but thats not what I will write about...I will tell you all about my weekend in my next blog somethin else is on my mind.

Have you ever had those moments where you realize you are actually a grown up and you feel like one...well as I was walking in my house starbucks cup in one hand and a book in the other...wearing dress pants and a nice shirt...into a house that I pay rent in and no sign of a parent lives here...I felt like a "real" grown up...then I proceeded up the stairs to make some food that not only did I pay for but I like it all...I am 23 years old and actually feel it for once...I am done college and have a well paying job...my bills are all paid and I have money from one paycheck to another...no more living from paycheck to paycheck anymore...life is great...now I am not saying this to brag I am just saying the impossible has become possible...and its really exciting to me...God is incredable...He teaches lessons and takes us through things that we never thought we would go through...I have been an adult for 5 years now and for the first time actually feel like one...its crazy...ok so enough about that rant...some of you may say ha ha you arent an adult...but I am and I do act like one...cause I know how to have fun but I am also very responsible and I know that...this is the first time I am confident in myself...I know I am an adult and no one can take that away from me...well goodnight friends...its time for me to go to bed so I can function at work tomorrow...Be Blessed Friends.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

mmm... i like that you had that revelation. Its good to look back... seeing the mountians you've crossed... look forward to the hills you are going to concer and be thankful that Gods grace is enough to cover it all! God is SO good! Be blessed in return!

Koitiz said...

Hurray for adulthood...I bet it feels good!

Anyway...I should be in the Hat this weekend. We should party.

rachelle/shelby said...

i am almost an adult!!.. ;)