Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Who am I living for?

PERFECT
By: Simple Plan

Hey Dad
Look at me,
Think back and talk to me.
Did i grow up according to plan?
And do you think I'm wasting my time
Doin' things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you dissaprove all along.
And now I tried hard to make it,
I just want to make you proud.
I'm never gonna be good enough for you,
And you cant change me

*Chorus*
Cuz we lost it all,
Nothing lasts forever.
I'm sorry i cant bePerfect
Now its just too late,
And we cant go back.
I'm sorry I cant be
Perfect

I try not to think about the pain i feel inside,
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All days you spent with me
Now seem so far away,
And it feels like you don't care anymore
I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud.
I'm never gonna be good enough for you.
I cant stand another fight,
And nothings alright

*Chorus*

Nothings gonna change the things that you said,
Nothings gonna make this right again.
Please dont turn your back,
I can't believe its hard just to talk to you
but you dont understand

*Chorus* X 2
Now its just too late,
And we cant go back
I'm sorry i can't be
Perfect

This is one of my fav songs....it makes me think who am I living for. Everyday of my life I am living and succeeding so that my mom can see that I can do it...so that my mom can see I am not goin to end up like her...so that my mom can live through me...I do it for her...in the end what do I end up with somethin else that she is dissapointed in me for...I have always screwed up at somethin...nothin is ever good enough...I want to do it...I want to be successful so that she can be proud...I have heard it...on my birthday the best present she gave me...was sayin "I love you and I am proud of you" that was the best gift I could ever recive...but I am still waking up everyday and proving to her I can do it...who do I live for? Is it my mom? Do I live for myself? Or do I live for Jesus? Or do I live for the world? What am I tryin to prove? Am I showin Jesus in all that I do? I want to show Jesus...but in the process I want to show people that I can do it...and I will show them...I am determined...I am motivated...I am moved...watch me go...watch me do it...watch me grow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song! That is such a tough question somedays, who we are living for. We would all like to 'think' we are living for Jesus, but truth is there are many times when we just aren't.