Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Violence

I brought work home so I could do it...but I decided writing a blog would be more fun...ha ha prcrastination I know...thats how I got through college...anyways...

What I want to write about is somethin that disturbs me...somethin I have a heart for...its children and youth....I read an article last night about a murder that a 17 year old had done...and the article was talkin about who's fault it is...and they looked at the parents at society and even the "friends" who cheered the fight on...yes it may have been all these people's fault but...we have given the enemy a key into our youths lives and we need to take it back...we have let him come in with alcohool, drugs and violence...its time to change that...its time to turn tables over...its time to be a revolutionary...its time.

Now people blame media and video games and all that stuff but I dont think its that...yes it could play a factor...but the children who lived in war times werent as violent as children today...and those children saw real violence...children back in the day saw real murder and real blood...not the fake type you see on tv...they saw real guns and stuff and they were not a violent generation...but todays generation of children yes they are...I work with two year olds and at that age they are already beating on their "friends"...it blows my mind on how young someone can start being violent...we need to pray and fight for the children of this world...it disturbs me that we let it get this far that children are murdering people...not too long ago in my own city...a child killed her family...now how did this happen? And why did we let it get this far? It takes a village to raise a child...so stop blaming parents and do your part.

2 comments:

JP said...

friggen new blogger... messed me up and I lost my original comment...

I'm blessed and thankful for your passion with kids and the importance of raising children underneath God; instilling Godly values and characteristics; teachings, into them. SO huge, and a large task - but I have no doubt in my mind the children you reach Nikki, will be impacted all their days on this earth. I know you're making a difference. And the dreams you dream, run with, because those might be exactly what God has out for you.

who God says I am said...

You hit the mark Nikki. I feel the same passion sometimes to change the mindset of my generation away from laziness to working hard for God.

You rock Nikki!