Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tis the season

Ok I have been havin writers block and my mind has been else where...its not really here...and I have figured why I think. Christmas is my favorite holiday for only one reason...its the time of year when I remember what Jesus did for me...what God did for me...just what was done for me...thats the only reason I love Christmas...Jesus died a brutal death for me and He knew He had to so that I could live...that is truly amazing...and the reason for the season...is to celebrate Jesus's birthday. Now the reasons why I hate Christmas is I have to get together with my family and hear them fight all day and nothing ever goes right and no body gets along...I hate fighting so much I hate arguments..and it really goes deep with me...and I cringe if I get in an argument with my friends or they get into one with each other...it goes deeper then people think...thats all my family does...All I want for Christmas this year is for everyone to get along...I want a Christmas I will never forget one so incrediable that it ends up in my good memory books thats what I want for Christmas...when december hits I cringe.

The other reason why I dont like this season is its so commercial...its all about who can give the best gift or what you get out of it...havent you already gotten the best gift ever JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE...yeah that is the best gift anyone can give...I hate that people are always like well I dont have the money or I cant get you somethin amazing...who cares...to me a gift could be a gum wrapper if that gum wrapper means somethin to me and you I will keep and I will keep it forever...thats what its about...Jesus loved us so we can show love...show someone you love them this year...show them how much you appreciate them and all they do for you...rock their world...have we forgotten what its all about? Most of all show God how much you love Him and how much you appreciate what He did for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Nikki! Good stuff i say....i love Christmas! Be blessed girl!- D

CJanz said...

NIKKI....I'm sorry I haven't been reading your blogs for a while...i've been so busy!! :( I love you so much and miss you tons! I Will try and read them more often, and leave more comments...do you know how I add friends on my page? well god bless...

JP said...

I really like that part about giving and getting gifts. It's funny how our mindset, or mine for that matter can be caught on that. I'm honestly not so concerned with the amount I get but I like spending on others with it and I don't have that much this year to spend and this is reminder to me that it's not about amount. It's about the love behind it. Dawn reminds me of that too, but I lost that somewhere in my thinking. My money is limited but ideas are only as limited as the brain that thinks them. There's a lot I can do for people that doesn't involve money that would show them I love them and how much they mean to me. Thanks, good reminder for me.

Jelea said...

i agree with you. would a gum wrapper mean anything to you if i gave one to you?

who God says I am said...

Hey Nikki, I so totally agree. I keep asking people if it's okay that I cheap out but I'm not going to anymore. If the price matters to them, too bad for them! You are an inspiration to my courage Nicole. I love you!

Amanda said...

ok, a big container of barf for you. There's significance in that. WOw... crap for heather, barf for nikki...christmas is getting to be affordable again i love your mindset too....haha.