Thursday, October 19, 2006

Frustrated Child = Godly Revelation

Ok so those of you that dont know children I will set the scene...picture a child that is around the age of two...this child is trying to get a toy unstuck....he tries every which way...and turns a few times...meanwhile the adult is standing back watching the child....finally the child is getting upset and frustrated and mad...now the adult comes over and asks the child do you want help?...the child is screaming and throwing a fit and the adult gently takes the toy turns it once and its free....the child smiles and gives the adult a great big hug...and the adult says next time before getting upset just ask for my help. Now you are wondering why I told that story....its because thats how God is...expecially in my life....He stands back and lets me do it on my own...and then I get frustrated and want to scream He then says do you want my help? I look for his help and He says next time ask...you can always ask me for help dont be afraid...God wants to help us but we decide to play God a lot of the time and do things on our own...and thats not how He made us...He made it so that we would need His help...life would be a lot easier if we just called on our Heavenly Father who is waiting with arms open wide...thats a hard lesson for me to learn considering I have done things all my life on my own..but now its time...its time to give the keys to God and let go...now is the time...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Nikki, I know what you mean...we have a good God. No matter how many times we try to do things on our own, he's always there just waiting for us patiently. I love ya girl, that was an awesome chat with you and Heather tonight at Moxxies...more to come. :)

Dawn said...

mmmm.... what a refreshing revelation! So simple yet so true.... i know i do quite frequently get upset first then ask for help second .... probably the independant, stubborn 2-year-old side of me where help is seen as a weakness instead of a strength! Thanks for the reminder! Be blessed, muchlov!

rachelle/shelby said...

that is some good truth there nikki...thanks for that..:)...

Koitiz said...

HI NIKKI!!!

Been a while since I read this...

I really like this metaphor alot, and from readin your past blogs I hope your hanging in there.

I'll post more later though, I need to go.

:)