Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Walking...

Standing here at the edge of this cliff looking down...should I jump? Or should I put my trust in what was promised and step into the air? The ground looks and feels more comfortable...but is that the path I want to take? It's a long ways back down...I climbed so far up...the other side isnt that far away. God give me a sign show me I am fine...show me the way. Where are you? It's begining to rain...dark clouds are rolling over the sky...I need to make a decision...look there is an eagle. Flying above the storm...he is safe...and so I will be as well...I will be safe. Here it goes....I took that step...I am now in the air walking across to the other side...I see its soo green and beautiful..its what I have dreamed of...its the promised land...but wait...something is stopping me...what could it be? It looks familier...it looks like...me. I am in the way..I cant move anymore...why am I doing this to myself? What can I do to get there...I look around to see what I can do...I am sinking in the air I need to drop somethin...I need to drop...distrust...control...fear...fake security...and confusion. Look I am walking again...wait....what is this...I see temptation...alcohool...drugs...lonliness...fear...and sex. They are ugly and look like a monster...with its black look and horns and face that looks melted...I need somethin...I need to fight it...I pull out my sword. They are still there I need help...I call on my maker...come help me Father....come save me...they disapear. I can keep walking now...will I ever get to the promise land? I keep on walking...

5 comments:

Koitiz said...

I really like this alot Nikki. It's about the same thing I've been going through lately. I know I havent been keeping up too much with your blogs but whenever I do I really like what you have to say.

Keep it up, and keep fighting. I'll see you at Christmas.

Dawn said...

Good stuff Nikki! I love the transparency in this peice, i love the victory and encouragement it brings! Great stuff darling! Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

Nikki this was amazingly written and such a great word from God! I could totally envision all of it, and feel myself sinking and needing to "drop stuff" and floating back up...your words were encouraging and uplifting....

rachelle/shelby said...

i liked it alot nikki....and its so true and relavant in my life...and i will also never forget the week i met you... ;)..love you B.sis

Sarah said...

Hey Girl, Wow, awesome word picture. Its so true. we got to risk and trust and have faith and call on our abba father, and keep walking. You rock.