Sunday, October 01, 2006

Another Poem

This is a poem that I wrote awhile ago that I wanted to share with the world...hope you enjoy


Can I sit here and wait for you?
While my heart is falling for you
Out of the corner of my eye I watch you
My heart falling for your smile
Can I sit here and wait for you?
God has put you in my life and I don’t know why
I try to get inside your head
As you keep everything a secret
Can I sit here and wait for you?
I show you that I am there
You don’t even notice
How many more times do I need to show you?
Can I sit here and wait for you?
I ask God to tell me
To tell me if I have a chance
Wonder what you are thinking
Can I sit here and wait for you?
My heart is saying yes
My mind is saying no
My God is saying nothing
Can I sit here and wait for you?
I am so confused
When are you going to notice?

Nicole
Andrews
22

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a fool for not noticing by now! JJ - God's timing and his will my dear friend...you are SO worth God's best, and if he is it, he will be worth the wait.....patience develops perservearance, perserverance develops character.

JP said...

Andrea, you're sick... just sick. When did you write that Nikki? Girls seem to have the easy part that isn't always so easy if you're ready and you're waiting to be pursued. ahh.. I like my role, it gets done on my time.. or.. God's time if I'm looking that way. :P

rachelle/shelby said...

nice peom nikki...i am glad that you are opening up some of your writing for others to read...i liked it.. :) keep it up B.sis!! :)

Dawn said...

Waiting sucks. .... ya. it does. .... BUT (now thats a big but....ghetto but) it IS worth waiting.... perserverance eventually produces good things to give us hope! Hang in there! Be blessed, thanks for posting, its a gooder!

Amanda said...

hey nikkkkkki. I know what you mean. And josh, i'm so jealous you're a boy. lol. nah, i like being a girl...i think it would be wonderful to be pursued...by the right one of course...

JP said...

oooooohhhh Danger Zone... there's more responsibility in being a leader, where what you teach them, is what you'll be held accountable for.. so if men have that role over their house, that CAN be kinda scary! Yikes! But eyes on God - it's all good!