Monday, January 22, 2007

Many talents or one?

Ok well lately I have been thinkin a lot....and I try to be this other person with these other talents...that I dont have...I have always dreamed of playin guitar...but I am not good and cant teach myself...and cant affore lessons so yeah...I have always dreamed of bein a photographer...but none of my pictures would ever sell...then I look at my friends and I see what they can do and they are amazing at it...I have friends who can play guitar and take pictures and are great at it...me I work with kids...thats the only talent I have...heck I even thought I was a good friend but apparently I screwed that up as well...as a kid I thought I could do everything and anything...I have many dreams...but I dunno...I want to be a politician but I cant even get my own friends to listen to me...so I will stick to kids...and sometimes I doubt I can even do that...a writer...somethin I want to be...but my writing...hmmm no way....anyways this Childcare Professional is out and will stick to what she knows best. And I do try people...just cant seem to get anything right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having the mentality that you have of achieving what you want regardless of what people say you can or cannot do, something is great Nikki, for sure! You never know what you can and can't do until you try. It's just a matter of figuring out what you can and can't do. Your giftS (because you have FAR more than one) are YOU... it all takes a lot of effort to learn something and to do something new, so don't back down (I speak to myself too here) because it didn't work the first time, or because it was hard. I nearly quit guitar when I first started. If you want, we can start off by showing you some stuff next time we're all together.. a little bit at a time!

and I honestly know exactly how you feel with not getting anything right because I've felt that way this whole past week... keep pushin through sis, you've got so much more and the enemy knows that - which is why he tries to keep you down. Think he fights over your life for no reason? No, it's because you're a warrior and he's afraid of that. Don't let the enemy get you all distracted with what you can and can't do. Colossians 3:2 - we gotta keep our eyes on the goal!