Monday, January 09, 2006

The breakthrough

Ok so I know I am going nuts with posting but I just had an incredible night that I have to share. Actually I have been having an incredible day...lets take you back. It all started this morning when I woke up after two hours of sleep but I felt energized. Then I go to work and I have the best day at work ever. The staff is all in a great mood for once and the children were all happy and everything was going right. Then I come home and I get on the bus to go to school. Then as I am on the bus I start thinking about when I used to take the bus a year back...God would show me people to pray for and I used to pray for everyone as the got on and off. I used to pray for the bus drivers cause they never seemed to be happy. So as I was sitting there thinking about the days when. I looked around and God said see these people are hurting they need my love but they need your prayers. So I prayed for these people and people that came on the bus with gloomy faces left the bus with smiles. I still look young to some of these people so all I am is a punk kid that takes the bus or another thing that they may think is a inconsiderate young adult you know all the stereotypes that we have. But when they see you helping a little elderly lady with something they look at you different. Its as if they actually see Jesus in you. That happened to me today. So after class I went shopping for my brothers birthday he turns six on wednesday. Then I came home and decided at 9:00pm that I was going to go for a run. Well this run was no ordinary run it was an amazing time with God. I started running in the direction of the house I grew up in. So I went there and I hung out in the park that as a child I used to play in and I talked to God. Then God and I walked around my old neighborhood and remembered all the good times we had. When life was perfect and the only world that existed was our backyards. Then I said to God my life is yours cause if I have to keep it in my hands I will probably dispose of it...so it has to be yours. It was a good time then I asked God about where the child like faith went. I started talking to Him about it. And this is what I came up with. As adults we lost our inocence and we lost our child like faith. So for some people it is hard to even remember their childhood but I did tonight when I was walking in my old neighborhood. God let me go back to those memories...the memories of child like faith. God gave me child like faith back tonight and I am not going to let it go. You can't tell me that the God who created you and me and this earth cannot do miracles. You can't...no one can. That is not all of my night. Then after this I walked to my biological fathers house whom I have never met. I then looked at his house and prayed and I gave him up to God and I said God I 100% forgive him for leaving. He is in your hands now. I felt so free after that and I know that he will find Jesus someday. As I was walking home I stopped...ok I know God is huge and He created the earth but did you know that He actually created the earth like for real it actually hit me. If I have the creater of the earth on my side no one can touch me or get to me or destroy me. Yeah thats cool eh...God is my Daddy and I am going to hold on to Him and NEVER let go. That has been my incredible day. The old Nikki the one that was on fire a year ago the one who never let anyone stand in her way, the leader and world changer...is back.

4 comments:

JP said...

Unbelievable... like I said, this deserves a hug! I'm so glad to see you the way you 'truly' are. You're one soldier the enemy just can't keep down no matter how hard he strikes you. We'll al fight, and we'll all fight together. I'm anticipating it!

Dawn said...

THANK YOU DADDY! I am very teary right at the moment because i am so OVERJOYED that you have come to this realization! Letting go and forgiving a father that has hurt and abandoned you is one of the hardest things to do! Good on you for doing it! You do have God on your side (look at Romans 8:31 for a really good verse on that that you can make a 'sticki' verse!) I am SO proud of you for fighting this out... you are a warrior PRINCESS! Be blessed! Muchlov!

Dawn said...

P.S. Whats your address to send snail mail to?

Koitiz said...

Nikki for win!

That is most definately one of the most powerful things I have ever read on the internet. Probably the most powerful!

It's awesome to see how God rocks out in your life!