Sunday, January 08, 2006

A little girls dreams

This is a poem I wrote. This is the first poem that I have actually placed for everyone to see. I really don't like sharing my writing. I also gave this one a title which I never do. But this one has a title that fits.
A Little Girls Dreams

As a little girl you dream of your true love
He come’s riding on a white horse
To rescue you from trouble
He is handsome and rare
You are beautiful in his eyes
It’s love at first site
You dream of the home you will have
It’s a big house with a white picket fence
And a wrap around porch
You dream of your family
Three children with happy smiles
A big dog in the backyard
Then when you get older those dreams seem to be only your imagination
Someone comes to stomp them out
But I have found that true love that they said I wouldn’t find
And He promised me my dreams
I will have my white picket fence and my happy children
I have this true love and I pray the world finds Him too
He is my Father
He is my God
Nicole Andrews
22

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Holy stinking narwhale! This peom is captivating from the first glance to its last breath! Full of hope that takes you to the One and Only... full of excitment and passion! It shows how humans have lots their love for the One who brings true love! I give 216 big points to this one, not only because it is amazing but because you took a step of faith to put it up! Be blessed, muchlov!

JP said...

Nicole... that's so awesome....