Thursday, December 28, 2006

Traditions

So I was readin all my friends blogs and I have a lot to go through but it seems you all have family traditions...or at least hang out....wanna know what my Christmas was like...we opened presents then every one went back to there corners while mom and grandma cooked supper...then we came out for supper ate it and left....thats what we do...we dont play games or even talk to each other...the words that come out are...yelling and people fighting cause someone did somethin stupid and shouldnt have done it...or cause someone left something somewhere where it shouldnt have been...or because someone is just that lazy and no one wants to help anyone so there is goin to be no supper....or someone is doing somethin they arent supposed to and its wreckin the dinner...ok so that is how my Christmas is...sorry for ranting but its my blog and I can do what I want...and I felt like sharing my tradition...yell untill the other person feels like shit and doesnt want to be there anymore...Happy New Year

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki, I totally get it. Actually, my family has gotten much better over the years, and I suppose I have gotten better at ignoring things that could become an offence. It's a tough time of year when your celebration doesn't seem to be as joyous as everyone around you. That why I really try to focus on the REAL reason we celebrate, and the rest is just icing. I like friend Christmases lots!! You can choose your friends, even though you can't choose your family!! (grin) Although I love my family. This is getting long...but I haven't commented in awhile...so I'm due! Love ya!

CJanz said...

Hey nikki, I haven't talked to you in a while, and haven't had much time to read any blogs, but thought that i would drop ya a quick hi in here! I know Christmases with the family can be tough. Mine doesn't yell or fight, and we don't have any real traditions either, but it's kinda the same deal, everyone does there own thing, while mom's in the kitchen cooking up the turkey, then when it's ready you eat, help clean up, and then maybe play a game at night or watch a christmas movie...nothing to fancy. I'm just glad that we know the true meaning behind this season. So many people forget why we celebrate this holiday and it makes me sad! But I gotta run! Love ya and miss you tons! Talk to you soon ok! Happy New Year!